Friday, June 6, 2008

The Journey Begins!

Hello all! I know that there is plenty of travel advice out there, books, websites, fliers, companies....you name it. I have used many of these resources myself when planning trips. One thing I found, is that many travel resources lack information and advice in traveling with children.

Having three small children myself, I know that there are many challenges to overcome when traveling with kids. Many of these challenges can be eliminated or mitigated with information. To this end, I have decided to start this blog.

I plan to publish a review of each location that I visit. Each review will follow the format below, and be based on my personal experience. Others are invited to submit reviews of locations they have visited as well. Please follow the same format, and include as much information as you can, including web links. If possible, please include labels for your post, so that visitors can easily sort through posts to find the information they want (labels can include location names, tip/advice topics, age groups, etc).

General tips and advice about traveling with children will also be published, and again general submissions are welcome. Have a trick that worked for you? Let us all know!

I want this to be an open forum for sharing ideas and advice. Traveling with kids should be fun...not scary!

*************************************************************************************

Location:

Time Frame:

Lodging:
Type
Cost
Amenities
Kid Friendly Rating (out of 5 *, with 5 being really good, and 1 being really poor)

Transportation:
Driving
Public Transportation
Walking

Food:
Fast Food
Sit Down

Attractions:
Times
Costs

Toilettes:
Availability
Public/Private
Cost

Nearby Amenities:
Laundry
Groceries

Review:

Trip Highlights:


Overall Rating:

No comments: